You’ve done it – it’s your time to shine, and the pressure is on. The question is do you sink or swim? (Spoiler: You’re an Empjoyee – You swim!)
How do you:
- Handle the high-stakes situations that come with switching careers and progressing in your career?
- Find a way to bring your best self to work and do your best work when you only have one chance to get it right?
- Come back from a mistake or misunderstanding in a project so that you can deliver on project and customer goals?
Today, you’ll get insight into how you can perform at your best in high-stake situations through the Sam Port’s career journey.
Sam has pursued multiple careers in his life from amusement park operations, to acting and producing, to his current role as Creative Director at Proscenium where he designs and executes large-scale live experiences for some of the largest brands in the US.
By the end of this episode, you’ll be able to:
- Identify examples of how to meet business objectives and of B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to consumer) through large-scale experiential events
- Utilize multiple methods to perform at the top of your level in high-stakes situations
- Apply techniques to quickly bounce back from missteps at work to move forward and continue providing value
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Anchor your creative ideas to the project, client, and company objectives to create a blend of memorable experiences that provide true business value
- Embrace taking a non-linear path to your goals as you never know how the opportunity to realize that dream will come to fruition for you
- Own your mistakes rather than running from them as the way you handle adversity often speaks more to your character and ability than your words
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction.” – John F. Kennedy
Sam shared how he was able to identify what mindset supports peak performance and mitigates fear.
His specific solution is not a solution that will work for everyone, but the approach of reflection and observation (aka increasing self awareness) is a path to anyone learning how to position themselves for peak performance.
Your Joyney: Share a time when you were in a high-stakes works situation and the way you felt/things you did that lead to that success within the Empjoyment Community.
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Find out more about Sam’s company Proscenium and the Credit Karma experience in this case study
- Connect with Sam on LinkedIn
- Check out the Empjoyment Glossary for our interpretation of the tech-specific words used today
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Sam Port!
Come back soon to read more about how Sam is saving the world by changing lives one day at a time when the bio is available. It’s not an easy job but someone has to do it!
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.