We’re not about following the same path to success as others. We’re about finding the best path for you and blazing a trail where you don’t have to compete with others to transition into tech. Instead, you’re in a whole league of your own.
Patrick Burke, our featured Empjoyee today, shares his views on what really makes people enter their our differentiated league as well as what holds many qualified people from progressing forward in interviews.
Listen now to learn Patrick’s take on:
- The 3 intrinsic values that are more important than pure talent and experience when hiring
- Maintaining a level of urgency without creating a high-burn environment
- Getting a job at a tech company in cities that typical tech hubs
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Embrace humility in your work and knowledge through practice and experience – with that mindset, exponential future growth can occur, without it you’ll be limited by your current skills
- Focus on the underlying philosophy of the organization through how they approach challenges and opportunities to demonstrate a true understanding of a company
- Consider all your options regardless of your geographic location – the best tech company in your area may not even consider itself a tech company!
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction.” – John F. Kennedy
Patrick shares his take on the 3 X-factors that he believes are an indicator of true ability for long-term success in tech.
Your Joyney: Share your take as to why these three factors lend themselves to career growth for transitioning career changers within the Empjoyment Community.
And if you don’t agree with this, come tell us why – we grow through exploration, and welcome a meaningful and impactful discussion.
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Find out more about Patrick’s company: Scientific Games Interactive
- Connect with Patrick on LinkedIn
- Check out the Empjoyment Glossary for our interpretation of the tech-specific words used today
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Patrick Burke!
Patrick manages the Product Management team for the social/mobile games division of Scientific Games Interactive, including Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino, Quick Hit Slots, Hot Shot Casino, and others.
As Director of Product, he helps set roadmap priority and forecast revenue for the global social/mobile business, and manage the people who perform these functions on each major title.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.