The tech industry is a wonderful environment for entrepreneurial minded professionals to learn the skills to build their own businesses at some point. But how do you maximize your time so that you’re growing in a way that will maximize your success when running your own business.
Larry Port, today’s featured Empjoyee, illuminates an answer by outlining of considerations that you can begin exploring now on your path to entrepreneurship.
Listen to this episode to hear Larry share:
- Approaches to convert angry and difficult customers to raving fans
- Considerations for several items of interest when starting a company including funding (self and venture capital), ownership structures, and scaling your business over time
- Suggestions on how to make the most of your time working for others while you’re preparing to start your own company
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Look for role models in your place of work and consider whether you would enjoy having your career lead to where they are right now
- Take action and you believe in yourself and can see an true opportunity and a clear path to success in your idea . Others may not have the same enthusiasm towards your team, but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth pursuing.
- Explore working with smaller professional organizations (e.g law, accounting) that can provide more dedicated and hands-on service for your growing business.
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
Larry encouraged us to take 3 steps to move forward in our Empjoyment journeys this week, starting with writing down a plan.
#Joyney33: Start creating your plan for your business and/or career and share a picture of the work you’re doing with us in the Empjoyment Community! Works in progress allowed!
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Find out more about Larrys company: Rocket Matter
- Connect with Larry on LinkedIn
- Download audio versions of Larry’s book suggestions: The Invevitable by Kevin Kelly and books by Malcolm Gladwell and Seth Godin
- Are you ready to experience Empjoyment as well? Schedule your complimentary 1-on-1 possibility exploration experience today
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Larry Port!
After leaving the entertainment industry, Larry built his development skills through various technology experiences at Morgan Stanley and Ultimate Software. Larry become a founder and CEO of Rocket Matter in 2007 when he launched the first version of the software.He contributes to several leading Legal Industry publications, including and also conducts free monthly webinars on emerging topics for attorneys.
Larry has build a wonderful life with his wife, two children, two dogs, and a cat.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.